Monday, October 3, 2011

The kids are OK


At least some of them. At least part of the time.

Mornings in school libraries are pretty hectic. Really, they are.

The 30 minutes or so between the time the doors open and the first bell rings are prime crazy time. Kids are allowed to come in and read, study, work on computers and check out books.

I'm usually hanging out in the computer area helping with logons, etc.; my coffee cup in one hand and "Caught Reading Coupons" in another. (Kids get rewarded for passing reading tests).

So today while I'm moving around from one person to another, I see a child waving me over rather frantically.

"I found a $20 bill!" he said, handing it to me. He showed me where he had found it on the computer table.

I praised him for his honesty and gave him a coupon.

What a way to start the day! And we were eventually able to reunite the money with its rightful owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment