Sunday, November 17, 2013

All The World's a Stage

I know someone who owns a pair of dinosaur PJ's.  Not PJ’s with dinosaur pictures, mind you.  No. This person owns pajamas that make him/her look like a dinosaur.  I can only visualize it, not having had the pleasure of actually seeing it. 

Something like this, I guess.

 
 or maybe this
 
or, heaven-forbid, this

 
According to this person (who for some reason, chose not to be named), this type of garment is worn in Japan as a kind of robe around the house.  
Seriously?  I had to do a little research on this.  Here's what I learned....
These garments are called Kigurumi and are described as full-body hooded animal pajamas styled after animals or cartoon characters.
Sometimes called "disguise pajamas" or onesies, the clothing is normally worn non-commercially as Japanese street fashion or as sleepwear, and is not intended to function as a performance costume.
The pajama outfits are made of fleece material, usually in an oversized "one-size-fits-all", and conforms to the body in the manner of normal clothing. The hoods do not cover the face.  Kind of like Bambi mated with a snuggie.
I have to admit, I think this is totally cool!  I mean really.  Why slouch around in a ratty old bathrobe when you could be this?


Or this.


 or one of these


I wondered if I could get a Kigurumi of my favorite all time animals - a pomeranian.  I did a google image search for Kigurumi Pomeranian and this came up.



That's pretty realistic.  Hmmmm.     Maybe I'll wait until they perfect the Kigurumi Pom before I put it on my Christmas list.

I don't know, tho.  It might be worth the look on Steve's face to have this to wear around the house.  At least every now and then!




No comments:

Post a Comment